Saturday, September 24, 2016

Day 2 in the hospital

We were admitted on Thursday night and once we got into his room Zane need a blood transfusion and platelets. This requires a constant monitoring of vitals. He didn't fall asleep until after 2 am Friday morning and woke up with the sunrise. He had fevers off and on yesterday. He's pretty upset about being here. He wants to go home and rest in his own bed. I can't blame him. 

Friday night Zac started to run a low grade fever but thank God it didn't reach the100.5 level and His temperature returned to normal. Zane had some muscle pain last night that was causing some discomfort but I was able to hold him all night in the position he finds most comfortable. 

Zane woke up this morning wanting to go home. Bob spent the day with Zane while I spent the day with Zac and Zoe.  We got the house ready for Nana, who we picked up this afternoon. I spent some time with her before coming back up to the hospital. When I got here Zane had his escape plan ready. He told me to go get the car and to ask the doctor what's going on. He also told me I needed to get the doctor and a spider man bandaid so they could take his butterfly out.  (His butterfly is the needle that's in his port.)  He even told the nurse to go find the doctor so he could go home. 

Right now he is sleeping and as soon as I publish this post I will be joining him. 

We are praying Zane's ANC levels will start to rise (they are at zero and need to get to 200 before he can come home) and for both boys to remain fever free.   

Sweet boy getting some sleep yesterday. 

No comments: