Saturday, August 23, 2008

The Best Day

Yesterday Bob and I made the trek to El Paso and I was reunited with "my" twins. I had not seen them in six years and lost contact with their mom, Nena. By the grace of God I found their older brother on Facebook and he let his mom know that I was found. She asked me if I would come out here for their 15th birthday celebration. So last night I walked out to the backyard where they were decorating. I saw Amber first and she just stared at me with complete shock on her face and then screamed. As I started to walk over to Amber, Adam who was far off in the distance came running over. All I could do was hold onto them and let the tears fall. They have gotten so big! They are still great kids and I am looking forward to spending more time with them this week. And of course we have the big birthday bash tonight.

No comments: