Sunday, July 20, 2008

Be Still

The last time we watched Caden I was able to retreat to their backyard for some quiet time. (After I put the little man down for a nap and while Bob watched TV.) While I was outside journaling a little rabbit came up right beside me. We both stared at each other and then he went about his business of eating grass. Then a squirrel came over and played around one of the trees. As I sat there I could help but be in awe of God’s creation.

God placed me and those two little creatures there at that exact moment. It was a simple little moment but one that touched my heart. I can’t explain it. I just enjoyed the peacefulness of it all. I wasn’t in a hurry to go anywhere or to do anything. I was able to sit back and enjoy God’s creation.

After that weekend I have found myself drawn to the lake more and more often. I have gone there to explore and take pictures. Last week I went to a different area with the full intent of take some more pictures. As I grabbed my camera I realized I left all three of my memory cards at home. So I left my camera in the car and did some exploring.

I found some new areas and instead of trying to find the perfect picture I was able to enjoy God’s handy work. For me there is nothing more calming than water. I took the picture below on a different day as a storm was coming in. I love sitting on those cliffs. I am able to be still and know that God is in control. How can you not feel God's presence when you are surrounded by His creation?

No comments: