Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Yesterday and Today

Yesterday I took Zane back to the hospital for labs.  They wanted to make sure he didn't need platelets or a blood transfusion.  He surprised everybody with his counts.  His ANC was over 800 and everything else looked "perfect.'  He could have started Maintenance today but they decided to give him a week off and he will start on the 18th.

I also had them take a look at his left foot.  He would not put any weight on it in the morning and he told me it was broken.  He was quite happy to have "pictures" of his foot taken.  Thankfully no broken bones.

After I got Zane home and settled in I went back to the hospital so Bob could come home and rest.  He's been staying with Zac at night this whole time and he needed a break.  I hung out with Zac who had a few awake times where he would focus on me.  He had a great night and didn't need any extra sedation.

Today is Zac's seventh day in the PICU.  I don't think I ever mentioned it but he has pneumonia.  His lungs are healing and today they made a plan to start weaning him off the vent and the sedation medications.  He should be off the vent in 24 to 48 hours.

I got to love on Denver and now I want another golden retriever.  His handler, Joel, brought a whole bunch of projects for Zoe to work on while she visited with Zac.  She spent a few hours with Zac today and she can't wait for him to move back on the seventh floor.  (It's where her favorite playroom is located.)


Zane looking at his X-ray

The view from Zac's floor.

Zane making muffins.




No comments: