Saturday, September 20, 2008

Stinky Sweatshirt

Today, while sitting in church, I noticed my sweatshirt stunk. And it stunk bad. At first I thought it was the new scent of the dryer sheets I used. But as I kept smelling my sweatshirt I realized my sweatshirt did not full dry and had a smell that I can not even describe. I wanted to throw it in the nearest trash can but I didn't. As Bob and I were driving to get something to eat I realized that smell, that awful mildewy smell, is probably the same smell that the people returning to their are smelling but on a much bigger scale.

My heart breaks for the those who were in Ike's path. I can not even begin to imagine or fathom what they are go through. From slight damage to no electricity to not even knowing if your house survived the storm. My heart breaks for my family and friends in the Houston/Clear Lake/Galveston areas.

As I sit here all I can do is pray. I pray for those who believe will lean on him even more. I pray that those who do not believe in Him will come to know Him through the action of others. I pray for renewal. Not for the cities that were destroyed but for the hearts of those who call those cities home.

Then Jesus said to his disciples: "Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat; or about your body, what you will wear. Life is more than food, and the body more than clothes. Consider the ravens: They do not sow or reap, they have no storeroom or barn; yet God feeds them. And how much more valuable you are than birds! Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life? Since you cannot do this very little thing, why do you worry about the rest? Luke 12:22-26

No comments: