Saturday, June 21, 2008

Checklist

During the past two weeks I have realized that I could be doing so much more. It was like I had this list of what a "good" Christian does. Such as:
  • Go to Church - check.
  • Tithe - check
  • Serve - check
  • Attend bible study - check
  • Pray - check

I was putting God in a box without even realizing it. Over the past two weeks He has placed it on my heart that I could be doing more. I am single I have the time and talent to serve in so many different ministries at my church than just the nursery. Instead of the praying the "safe" prayers I need to pray the high risk prayers. I need to get involved with hometeams again. I'm getting God out of the box I put Him in and I'm stepping up to what He wants me to do. (Two of the ministries I have been led to are photography and the build team. Both scare me because I am afraid of messing up a project or a picture. But God told me to do it so I will do it scared.)

No comments: