Monday, June 16, 2008

Sewing

My aunt Marty (yes I am named after her) is a seamstress. When we were growing up she would always make our dresses and cute outfits for special occasions with tags that said "made with love by aunt Marty." I'll admit when I was younger I did appreciate this as much as I should have. She spent countless hours teaching us how to cut out patterns and how to use each of different kinds of sewing machines so we could make clothes for our dolls and barbies. Sometimes it takes growing up to realize how blessed we truly are. I am so blessed to have an aunt like her.


My aunt Marty! She was making a skirt for Becca's dog.


The front of one of her machines. She would teach us how to thread the machines.


The main machine we used as kids.

I will be spending some time in February 09 with my aunt learning how to make custom pillows and curtains. It should make for an interesting time since I have not touched a sewing machine in ages. I am looking forward to spending some time with my aunt and learning some of her trade. If I'm brave maybe I'll have her teach me how to do smocking so that way when I have kids I can make some of their clothes.

No comments: